Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend


We had a great Easter weekend, and we didn’t succumb to the hype and marketing of the whole holiday rush. Granted, Easter is not the big one like Christmas, but I heard on NPR that we spend over a billion dollars on candy for Easter, so the marketers are doing something right.

I fall right into that sort of stuff, and begin to worry if we planned the right activities and went out and bought the paper in the hopes of finding the best event we could take our kids to. It didn’t help that I saw our friend who was just coming back from a big Easter egg hunt. My mind was racing for an answer, but then the voice of reason calmed me down.

The voice of reason being Ruth, and further support of the notion that parenting truly is the ultimate team sport. I tend to get into a frenzy about the social lives of our kids, when in fact they do just fine. Ruth went out and got some plastic eggs and candy, instructed me to get some white-shelled eggs, and we spent the day having our own egg hunt, after which we colored eggs and did something I’d never done before, but I think we’ll make a family tradition: we made an Easter Egg Loaf, which is essentially a braid of challah bread with Easter Eggs embedded in it.

It was beautiful, and Audrey and Nicholas had a blast, as did Ruth and I. My anxieties were unfounded, once again, but I can’t seem to escape them.

We went to our first contradance this weekend, it was interesting, and this week we have a trip up to Burlington and our first sleepover. Big things on the horizon, stay tuned for more.

No comments: